Parks & Recreation
Overlook Park - Woods Lake Trail
The Wood Heights Overlook Park Trail, surrounding Woods Lake, has been created with grants from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources - Non-Playground Scrap Tire Material Grant Funds.
We have noticed an increase in the use of the lake and trail area by our residents and visitors from the surrounding areas. We encourage everone to go out and enjoy the lake and trail!
We do want to remind everyone of the following rules:
- Fishing IS allowed with a State of Missouri Conservation Fishing License.
- Boats are NOT allowed on the lake.
- Swimming is NOT allowed in the lake.
- Motorized vehicles of any kind are NOT allowed on the trails.
- Dumping of debris, scrap tires, etc. is NOT allowed.
Overlook Park - Woods Lake Trail has benches and picnic tables scattered throughout the trail for your use. Please be mindful to pick up and not leave trash or debris. Trash receptacles are located throughout the Park and Lake area for your convenience.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Wood Heights City Hall at: 816-630-7900